Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[idea] New weapon
10-21-2008, 09:32 PM
[idea] New weapon
I've had an idea for a new weapon for about a week now. TBH, it's not really a weapon, it's more like a "device". It would spawn like a normal weapon, which would have five-ten "batteries" (just like you get a certain amount of ammo for a weapon when you pick a weapon up). The primary "attack" (more like a function :P ) would make an invisible reflective wall in front of the person for 1/2-1 second. The device would have some sort of animation play for the primary attack (maybe the device would "zap" the rocket/electro beam). This would cost one battery.

The secondary function would hold onto the rocket/electro beam for as long as the user holds the secondary button (2 seconds per battery). When the user releases the secondary button, it would shoot the rocket/electro beam at half damage, just like it would for a normal rl/electro. It would also play an animation (maybe a laser beam holding the rocket/electro beam)

I think that the "primary" function could work by placing a trigger in front of the person that would act like a "trigger_impulse", but only respond to rockets and electro beams, not players. I don't know how the secondary function would work. Maybe by freezing the rocket/electro beam and make it follow you, hovering in front of you. Yes, the secondary function is kind of like the gravity gun functions from hl2. However, it can't shoot the rl/electro beam faster, like a gravity gun could.

I don't know how bad this "device" would stress a server. I don't think it can be THAT bad, just as long as everyone doesn't use it at once. I also don't know how well this would work with any of the current game modes. It may be for the better........or for the worse :P

Ok guys, what do you think?
[img]http://www.themitclan.com/images/PCL-Banner.png[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
RE: [idea] New weapon
Secondary fire could act like an enrergy storage . it could absorb nex , electro , rocket etc kinetics . this could also act like a strength powerup , but as seconds go by it eats your health by so many points . hmm just a thought
[img]http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/1w2e4f58te5qchffv250.png[/img]
master , do you call me grasshopper because i am cunning and stealthy ?
NO, because you are ugree rike insect !
Find all posts by this user
10-21-2008, 09:49 PM
Quote: but only respond to rockets and electro beams, not players

Does that mean that it activates by itself? Because if it does i think that you should activate it cause that would take the fun out of the game, since u could have that gun out the hole time reflecting all the guns ammo and never getting hit.

Another thing is that the secondary gun grab the stuff, but you dont just get to hold onto it or you will still get hit with it , or you[/quote] would have to throw it, maybe you could have the right click so that if u hit it again you throw it.

One last thing is that you could have it at 100% battery, then each time u do something it takes from 2-5 energy depending on what you do.
Cormag, trained in the ancient art of the nexuiz ninja

Also founder of Nexuiz Bootcamp with my friend Flandag send me a message if you need to know anything about it
10-22-2008, 07:13 AM
What about a weapon that makes people blind for a while,...
Like a flash bang grenade...
Or a hallucinating weapon like a kaleidoscope,...
Aristotle Wrote:We make war that we may live in peace.
Herbert Hoover Wrote:Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
Barack Obama Wrote:We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
hmmm that could be added onto what we were talking about in the irc's. It was about a egg thats like a bomb and its basket (z), the egg can be set to be a trip mine or just have you blow it up with a button that u carry with you. The button could be the basket just click and once u drop it or something the egg blows up. Then u would have to pick up another basket and it could be a flash bang or a frag.
Cormag, trained in the ancient art of the nexuiz ninja

Also founder of Nexuiz Bootcamp with my friend Flandag send me a message if you need to know anything about it
10-23-2008, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2008 11:38 AM by Medjay Penguin.)
Didnt i already talk about mines?
[URL=Here]http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=512&page=1[/url]

The flash bang earlier too.
Aristotle Wrote:We make war that we may live in peace.
Herbert Hoover Wrote:Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
Barack Obama Wrote:We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.