Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[cfg] Advanced Variable FOV/Zoom control
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
RE: [cfg] Advanced Variable FOV/Zoom control
Yes, the demo/spectator version would be good. I wish I knew a way to get Nexuiz to apply the zoom factor change.
So much to do, so little time to do it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Quote:Yes, the demo/spectator version would be good. I wish I knew a way to get Nexuiz to apply the zoom factor change.

Any progress?
The Labour Party decided to change its logo from a rose to a condom, believing it accurately reflects their policies. This is because a condom allows for inflation, halts productions, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security whilst you're being fucked.
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Sorry, Oat, I don't know if this is possible. I'm not actively working on this. It's in the back of my mind, though, so if I read something that inspires me, I'll give it a try.
01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I've been inspired by your script, but I wanted to use the normal built in zoom, but with variable zoomrate, so I wrote the following:

Oh btw the command you are looking for is "setreport" it will change the value of cl_zoomfactor and immediately apply it.

//setting custom zoom factors
set adv_zoomfactor0 3
set adv_zoomfactor1 5
set adv_zoomfactor2 7,5
set adv_zoomfactor3 11
set adv_zoomfactor4 16
// END OF USER SETTINGS-zoom levels

//stealz zoom script

alias adv_zoom0 "alias adv_zoom_in adv_zoom1; alias adv_zoom_out adv_zoom0; setreport cl_zoomfactor $adv_zoomfactor0;"
alias adv_zoom1 "alias adv_zoom_in adv_zoom2; alias adv_zoom_out adv_zoom0; setreport cl_zoomfactor $adv_zoomfactor1;"
alias adv_zoom2 "alias adv_zoom_in adv_zoom3; alias adv_zoom_out adv_zoom1; setreport cl_zoomfactor $adv_zoomfactor2;"
alias adv_zoom3 "alias adv_zoom_in adv_zoom4; alias adv_zoom_out adv_zoom2; setreport cl_zoomfactor $adv_zoomfactor3;"
alias adv_zoom4 "alias adv_zoom_in adv_zoom4; alias adv_zoom_out adv_zoom3; setreport cl_zoomfactor $adv_zoomfactor4;"

adv_zoom0

bind mwheelup "adv_zoom_in"
bind mwheeldown "adv_zoom_out"

//I didnt test this practically, but I am thinking about adding an alias so you only modify your zoom while zooming. You could use your mousewheel for other stuff when not zoomed:
// (first remove the bindings for mwheelup/down above, and add the following lines to your script.

alias +adv_zoom "+zoom; alias adv_mwheelup adv_zoom_in; alias adv_mwheeldown adv_zoom_out"
alias -adv_zoom "-zoom; alias adv_mwheelup weapnext; alias adv_mwheeldown weapprev" // replace weapnext and weapprev with what you want your normal function for your mousewheel

bind mwheelup "adv_mwheelup"
bind mwheeldown "adv_mwheeldown"
bind shift "+adv_zoom"

// this will result in your zoombutton activating the zoom configuration, but when zoomed out you can do something else with your mousewheel.
stealz, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Jan 2009.
02-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the tip, stealz! I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it sounds like you've solved the problem with Neuiz updating the zoom factor. I hadn't heard of the setreport command before now.