Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nexuiz Ninjaz Suggestions
11-05-2007, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2007 07:43 PM by -z-.)
uhhh Nexuiz Ninjaz Suggestions
If you'd like to see a feature added or have any other sort of suggestion for the site / community, please let us know here. Otherwise PM me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
RE: Nexuiz Ninjaz Suggestions
Probably an additional URL in Profile called:

URL of Demos / Screenshots blah ...

for the guys having a website AND an account at uploaded.to ... filefront ... etc.
- this text has been written by ignoring all known forms of orthography -
Find all posts by this user
11-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Sless Wrote:URL of Demos / Screenshots blah ...

This field has been added, I've called it 'My Nexuiz Stuff'

[url]http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/hold/forum/usercp.php?action=profile[/url]
11-06-2007, 06:27 PM
cool - thx
- this text has been written by ignoring all known forms of orthography -
11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't know if this is even possible, but have a script that takes demo's that qualify (no longer than a certain length, on a map the server has etc) and at some none peak playing time of night fires up the client engine and converts the video to mpg for easier plability in the kyoman?

Would be some work but would be great if all videos could be integrated in some flash player and could get around the need to download a demo and it's map.

Which brings up another suggestion, if not already implemented, for all demos in kyoman generate a link to dl the map if it's non standard and on the server.
Finely aged in the era of id software.
11-08-2007, 11:04 AM
dragzZz Wrote:have a script that takes demo's that qualify (no longer than a certain length, on a map the server has etc) and at some none peak playing time of night fires up the client engine and converts the video to mpg for easier plability in the kyoman?

There is currently no stand alone demo player which has me thinking this is not going to happen anytime soon, we need to recruit developers that can do this.

It would definitely be sweet.

Quote:Would be some work but would be great if all videos could be integrated in some flash player and could get around the need to download a demo and it's map.

The kyoman tries to cross this bridge. Eventually I plan on integrating the ability to upload a high rez version of your videos. The demo thing would be optimal.

Quote:Which brings up another suggestion, if not already implemented, for all demos in kyoman generate a link to dl the map if it's non standard and on the server.

Yes, this can be done good suggestion.
11-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Sorry for the double post but I figured it needs some separation
[/disclaimer]

I was considering adding an image gallery so people can upload their screenshots, what you guys think? Any added features you'd like to see in this?
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
About demos/videos. Videos are great for frag highlights, showing some tricks and such, but demos are as important as they are full matches. I don't think there are a lot of people doing videos for nexuiz for now.

Basically what I'm saying, is that IMO demos and videos should be 2 separate things and eventually be in separate sections.

I'm sure I can get a lot of demos from many of the great players, the repository would have plenty of demos even when it is launched. I was just waiting to see what you guys had in mind but we didn't get a chance to discuss it yet :(
11-09-2007, 02:10 PM
nifrek, you bring up some valid points, I will create seperate systems but somehow allow for a cross between the two. An example I can think of where a youtube video might be as important as a demo is a speed run for flag caps. Editors might want the demo files to create compilations but most people just wants to see it quickly without having to download the demo and open nexuiz to watch.
11-24-2007, 10:32 PM
z, I don't know if you are able to change this but, the signature line is a bit hard to see. I some times think it's a part of the post. I'd advise a grey line or white line. I'm assuming you use <hr> if you have I don't know how to change it so maybe it might just be something we'll have to live with.
GT Goals:
- Become a stronger clan, speed and skill.
- Be a part of the community.