Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Introduction to Mapjutsu
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2008 01:40 PM by Moo.)
Introduction to Mapjutsu
Hey guys, I'm Moo. I'm really interested in mapping for Nexuiz and I think that it is very important, because I roam through servers every so often to see about any new maps, and I don't find any. I have persuaded a few people to map, and have even made quite a few maps myself. With the tools that -z- has allowed me to use from NexuizNinjaz.com, I plan to influence many more creative and inventive players into learning about the great world of GTKRadiant, and bring in some better maps too! In my opinion, the best way to create and develop a map is to communicate often with those who are working on the map with you, and also those who give ideas to you. This is why the Mapjutsu focuses on communication while mapping. After joining Nexuiz Ninjaz' Mapjutsu, you'll never look at an old map with a different eye again.

First, I want to tell you what Mapjutsu is all about. I imagine Mapjutsu as a wonderful chance to do a few things. It's great for getting involved in the NexuizNinjaz.com community, it's an excellent chance to learn how to map, a great way to learn a bit more about Nexuiz, and a pretty awesome way to develope your map the 'correct way'. In my opinion, the best way to develop a map is through communication, and plenty of communicating will be done in Mapjutsu. Hopefully, the members of Mapjutsu will help to answer your questions,

Secondly, I want to take some time to tell you about myself. My name is Moo, and I started playing Nexuiz a bit later than about the time that Nexuiz 2.3 came out. I got into mapping in version 2.4, and I have not lost interest since. I find that I have 'artist's block,' as I call it, and sometimes I have troubles thinking of ideas for maps. I do manage one federation, called {A} for Animals, and a sub-federation in it called [KoW] for Kings of War. I am a medium-decent player, and I can get a bit offensive at times. Recently, I have been a very active mapper, player, and addition to the Nexuiz Ninjaz community. Some of the maps I have made include MMKitch, TheDojo, Hightide, and several minor ones.

Ok, back to the community. Mapjutsu is here so that new competition ready maps may be placed out into Nexuiz. Some things that we do here are mapping contests, mapping courses, we have a tutorial for mapping by -z-, and we also bring together our ideas for mapping to try to put out the best maps possible.

For mapping course schedules or any other random questions, PM me, and I'll respond ASAP! Other members who can help you are: Nifrek, Usil, Grasshopper, torus, Sven, and dublpaws. We'll also be on IRC at #nexuiz.ninjaz, #nexuiz, and #nn.dev.

Forum rules:
If you wanna post a map idea, please put [Map Idea] before the idea name in the subject.
For a new map, [Map] will do.
Try [Useful] for anything that can help.
Whenever you make a map, please post a screenshot. People are much more likely to rate your map if it has a screenshot.
[url=http://dojov2.nexuizninjaz.com][img]http://dojov2.nexuizninjaz.com/css/img/signature.png[/img][/url]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2008, 05:03 AM
RE: Introduction to Mapjutsu
Alright folks , WE are in exciting new times .
there have been posts in alientrap.org and Nexuiz ninjaz about mapping and the way to go about it . This , mapjutsu is , in my mind is going to be the place to learn about how to do it all . my personal goal here is to exploit evrything i know and provide links for those in need of answers .
Dont think it will be a breeze to start . there are many things YOU need to know about mapping . be prepared to read alot . Knowledge is power . but never fear we will try our best to learn you the ways . I am still learning things and will be a student along with you .
My first piece of advice is to play nexuiz . see what ppl like and dont like . but know this not evryone will like what you have made . im a greatwall fan while others consider running man to be better .
These things are what mapjustu is about . No idea is stupid because you will walk away with experience or at least spawn new ideas . and i think it is good to post all new map ideas here to be tested and given a thorough critique . this way we all know what we need to work on , being it playability or brush work . - Grasshopper
[img]http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/1w2e4f58te5qchffv250.png[/img]
master , do you call me grasshopper because i am cunning and stealthy ?
NO, because you are ugree rike insect !
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
:ninja_look:But there are so many people in nexuiz who want different things, cant you just make a map you would lioke and hope other people will like it?Icon_ninja_look

PS: I alredy have a map planned (its about World War 2)but i cant tell more because people might steal my idea.Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
Aristotle Wrote:We make war that we may live in peace.
Herbert Hoover Wrote:Older men declare war. But it's the youth who must fight and die!
Barack Obama Wrote:We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Sure there alot of different tastes in maps , that's why there are so many maps . Make the map you want to make . we dont have world war map that i know of . post it and get reveiws . if you have noticed there are some maps that have - remix or v1r5 (version1 revision 5 ) , these maps had a starting point . they were probably played , critiqued , and reveiwed . the map maker received feed back on the map and made another version ( better) . don't be discouraged . people like different things about maps , So use that to your advantage . HEy , good luck and hope to play your map soon .
[img]http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/1w2e4f58te5qchffv250.png[/img]
master , do you call me grasshopper because i am cunning and stealthy ?
NO, because you are ugree rike insect !
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Medjay Penguin Wrote::ninja_look:But there are so many people in nexuiz who want different things, cant you just make a map you would lioke and hope other people will like it?Icon_ninja_look

PS: I alredy have a map planned (its about World War 2)but i cant tell more because people might steal my idea.Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Medjay, please ask these in the Q&A forum :D
[url=http://dojov2.nexuizninjaz.com][img]http://dojov2.nexuizninjaz.com/css/img/signature.png[/img][/url]