Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
quitting nexuiz
05-25-2008, 11:49 PM
quitting nexuiz
hi guys. i think its time for me to quit for atleast until i have summer vacation. im just burned out. i play way too much and its about time i did some real work. sorry if i am disappointing anyone but the game has gotten really repetitive. anyways maybe ill see u guys soon.
ggs
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” - FDR

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
RE: quitting nexuiz
yeah, i hate to do this to you guys, but if you've played with me any lately i'm sure you've seen me say 'i hate this game' or something along those lines. i'm not joking. the most fun i've had in forever was the other night with you guys on desertcastles, but short of that, i'm takin no pleasure in playing this game. i don't feel like i'm as good as i used to be, and by hook or by crook i can't figure out why. i don't move right, i can't aim with the nex. i'm sick of the idiots on galt's, i can't get a good game cause of them. the new crylink makes every game, pub, private, ctf, or dm a spam fest that i don't enjoy. and i'm finding i'm using that same lame ass crylink more and more myself as i find myself losing my aim with the other guns.

i initially said i was going to quit, and i very well may, but dib's told me his summer vacation begins at the end of june and he may be back. i have a rudimentary plan to try the game again around that time, regardless of whether he returns or not but hopefully he does. a month might do wonders and i'll give it a good turn. i might reformat or get another mouse or something in the meanwhile, to rule out any factors why i'm not enjoying it now. however, i might just find the game the same as it is now (as i can't tell whether the game is at fault or if i am) and cement my decision.

anyway, a month isn't terribly long, but it does come with the hint that it may be longer. i'd like to be considered inactive then, but i'll still be on irc and around somewhat.
inficio, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Jan 2008.
05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
You'll both be missed. A lot.

Just remember that if you ever get bored, there's some folks that will enjoy a game of Nexuiz with you and would love to see you play again.
vbraun, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Mar 2008.
05-26-2008, 12:22 AM
btw we hope that -V-ortex doesnt die because we are leaving. you guys will hopefully be fine without us and we will hopefully be back at the end of june. as i said before we are just burned out.
“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself” - FDR

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
05-26-2008, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2008 02:02 AM by inficio.)
i do hope i come back to nex, but i'm gonna enjoy a break. i might try warsow or something in my downtime to see if it's got any merits (unlikely from all i've heard.) i just wish you guys could experience the frustration/demoralization/agrivation/disdain i've felt for the game lately (not just isolated incidents, either.)

i know one thing for damn sure though, i'd miss our community a hell of a lot more than i would the $@#$@# game. not only cause our community's pretty sweet, but cause the game is really that bad for me right now. :)

also, it's so frustrating being so irritated at so many newbies so often. i don't want to be *that* guy. but it's hard, when they're just so bad. people say 'but you were a newbie once,' but i can't remember ever being as bad as they are, ever. elitism or whatever, i can't want to be prejudice against the people of lesser ability, but here i am at that end anyway.
inficio, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Jan 2008.
05-26-2008, 09:47 AM
How can Nexuiz ever get bored? You play against players from over the whole world. And you always learn new tricks.
[url=http://www.userbars.be][img]http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3151/555fl0.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6011/userbar713817hk5.gif[/img]

[i]I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it[/i]

About my comeback:
[i]you hate me or not, have nothing more to say.....[/i]
05-27-2008, 01:39 PM
actually i have gotten bored of it too i barely play much anymore because i just get bored i might have a break too
[URL=http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1234ow2nm6.png][IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1592/1234ow2nm6.png[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img503/1234ow2nm6.png/1/][IMG]http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/1234ow2nm6.png/1/w380.png[/IMG][/URL]
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I may very well take a break from Nexuiz. I've experienced the same kind of frustration that Inficio has, and it's not a pleasant feeling. I haven't had legitimate fun since those practices with -V- and scrimmages with [o], back before 2.4, at the height of LOLDONGS' asshattery on Galt's Gulch. When I used to drink a mint tea before the clan event.

Lately I've come across so much ineptitude, both gameplay-wise and mentally, on Galt's. I hate to sound elitist, and I know I was new at one point and Nexuiz isn't the best place to discuss philosophy/music/et cetera, but sometimes it actually makes me cringe and has been a main factor in my recent hostility. Sometimes I wonder whether the game has gone hollow or if it's just me.

So anyway, I'll not be on very much, if at all. I want to get back into art, music, learning French, and everything else I'd rather be doing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2008, 08:02 PM
You guys will be missed a lot, but if you ever want to play, everyone will be waiting for you. And yeah, I agree with the earlier posts about the frustrations with Nexuiz. Galt's Gulch is filled with these damn hellions who yell out profanity, etc. And the teams are usually unbalanced, making me use 200% of my skill to earn "insert number of points over 100 here", and everyone else probably does not even try. I mean, it's pretty pathetic when you are first on your team while talking every few seconds. You people who disagree may say that they are new players, but seriously, they should be playing the "campaign" to improve their skills. I'm pretty much done with my incessant bitching about Nexuiz.
Etoile, proud to be a member of Nexuiz Ninjaz - Practicing the Ninja Art of Nexuiz since Jan 2008.
05-27-2008, 08:51 PM
It's not really profanity that gets me, it's just the sheer stupidity that I seem to encounter almost every time I play. I won't name any specific players, though one that's named after a geometry term never ceases to amaze me, not in a good way. However, I did recently have a good conversation ingame with Zombie about Robert Anton Wilson, to end the post on a positive note.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user